ITherm 2019 Art in Science Exhibition and Competition
The ITherm organizing committee is delighted to announce the Art in Science Exhibition and Competition which will be held during the ITherm conference, May 28 - May 31, 2019, at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
This event provides a fun opportunity for the ITherm community to showcase the artistic side of their scientific discovery and technical applications through images displaying heat and mass transfer, as well as thermo-mechanical investigations.
The exhibition is open to all conference attendees, who can apply via the submission form linked below. The exhibition will run through the conference with the artwork displayed prominently in the common spaces. Attendees will be able to vote for their favorite artwork and the winners of the Exhibition will be announced at the Friday Awards Luncheon.
- Submissions are open to all conference attendees, one application and art entry per person.
- The images should be original and have been created by the applicant in the last year.
- Photos, CFD output, drawn figures and original artwork are all eligible as long as they are relevant to the conference themes.
- Images must be submitted electronically in PDF or JPEG format, in 200 DPI quality or better and not exceeding 25MB, to email@example.com. Email subject heading must be "Art in Science".
- For presentation at the conference, the art entry should be printed and fit in a space between 8 inches and 18 inches on a side (e.g.: 8.5" x 11", 8" x 8", 15" x 15", A3, etc. are all valid; 6" x 8", 20" x 12", 4" x 4", A2, etc. are not valid).
- Entries will be voted on by the registered attendees at the conference so visual impact and creativity are key!
- To be eligible for the competition and awards, the applicant must agree to give ITherm usage rights to their figures or images for use on future conference material and conference website.
- Submit the application form and electronic art entry by Monday, April 29, 2019.
- Prints must be put-up at the conference by end-of-day, Wednesday, May 29th, at the latest.
Contact us at:
Mahsa Ebrahim, Amir Shooshtari and Khosrow Ebrahimi
Student Poster & Networking Session
IEEE ITherm 2019, Las Vegas, NV